Saturday, June 1, 2013

Catching Up

It's been awhile since my last post, so I want to do a quick update, then go into the details a bit later.

First up, we are looking for Larry late July with the crew at Sierra Topix.


Next big trip is San Miguel Island, located in the Channel Islands National Park and what I consider the windest place on earth on your average summer solstice day. Yes, I will be there the day after that event to prove my point.



What am I doing to get ready for all this? Buying gear, of course! I'm taking a different tack with the kit this summer with different manufacturers including Big Agnes and Valandre. More to come on this and also to let you know,  I have not forgotten about finishing up the teapot series.

Training is also in the cards. I joined team Blister Busters to count steps on my iphone app Pacer. Instead of biking to work, I walk the 3.6 mile one way trip, or about 6000 steps worth on the clicker in 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment