Monday, January 28, 2013

Looking For Larry Conn

I have joined a group who is going to look for Larry Conn, the missing High Sierra trekker who was reported missing in October and has not been seen or heard from since. I was probably the last man to see and talk to Larry alive, so you might say, I have skin in the game. Search dates are July 30 through August 4th. For more details on the search and the organizers, go here. This this is a privately organized event, so I will go where I am most needed, but if I had my druthers, it would be over Pinchot Pass, then west toward Arrow creek drainage. Why? Larry told me he was going to explore the area around the pass. Another reason? Randy Morgenson, the seasonal backcountry ranger who perished in the same area. He was the subject of the excellent book,  Last Season by Eric Blehm, detailing the account leading up to his disappearance and the search for him that followed, all written in captivating detail.
I feel a connection with it all, so I might as well pick away at it, to it's logical conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment