Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Tale of Two Stove Systems, Part 3

I have actually had pretty good luck in combining the Cone with my Bush Buddy wood burning stove that I like to use in the Los Padres. It could be another inch taller, but not really worth pursuing since Trail Designs has a system  that burns wood, and according to some folks, does it even better. The real reason I will not go there has nothing to with grams, it's about parts. The Trail designs system has lots of parts, stakes, inserts and a floor, all presented as options to the system. The Bush Buddy has two, the body and the pot support. When they are put together and stoked with a fire, it develops it's own distinctive personality that I want to revisit again and again. When I add the Cone to break the wind a bit, and suddenly Life becomes whole, educing a Soma, waiting for the boil, that only a trip to the wilderness can entice.

No comments:

Post a Comment